Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

So You Think You Can Dance makes me cry

It hasn't been taking much to make me tear up lately.  But man, some of the dancers on So You Think You Can Dance just - bam! - make me start crying.  It's just so beautiful.

Is there any other show that highlights real art and beauty and compliments people for the gorgeous thing that just came out of their soul?  I can't believe what people can do - how strong and gorgeous people are - how they hold the pose just one beat longer because they know it will break your heart.  Sometimes I think this is the most spiritual show on television.  I mean, it's stupid and silly and contrived too, but when it's good, it's good and there are these gorgeous moments that don't even feel right on TV. 

And you have gangbanger-looking tough kids doing art that makes the old, white judges cry and cheer and swear.  It makes me love young people and the diversity of this country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment